The Office of Student Leadership Development helps students become effective and socially conscious leaders in a complex and ever-changing world. We use innovative educational and experiential teaching methods to help you build self-awareness, act with integrity and shape your own definition of leadership.
There are many ways to serve and help shape the community on and off campus. Some of Lehigh’s leadership opportunities include:
- Leadership Lehigh: A three-year program that provides students with the theoretical background and practical skills necessary to become successful leaders and social change agents. We explore different themes, such as project management, group and team dynamics and social justice, through retreats, learning labs and community service opportunities.
- LeaderShape: A six-day experience that challenges participants to explore identity development and inclusive leadership. Students work towards developing a blueprint plan that includes discussions on how to lead with integrity™ and have a healthy disregard for the impossible.
- The Center for Experiential Leadership Training Ropes Challenge Course: A series of outdoor elements that create unique and challenging problem-solving scenarios provides opportunities to learn about team dynamics, effective communication, decision-making and leadership.
- The John A. Cable Athletics Leadership Development Initiative: This program builds a culture of leadership within athletics, helping student-athletes align their actions to their values and contribute to the greater success of their teams and the larger university community.
- Greek Emerging Leaders Program: The GEM program gives new members of the Greek community an opportunity to develop their leadership abilities and share their skills and experience.
- The ROTC program: Part of Lehigh’s Department of Military Science, the ROTC program provides leadership training to students who plan to become officers in the U.S. Army, giving them the opportunity to thrive.
Student Leadership Development Web site