President Alice P. Gast
2013 | 2012 | 2011 | 2010 | 2009 | 2008 | 2007 | 2006
- Angela Davis, Lupe Fiasco to headline MLK Jr. celebration
In addition to our featured guests, activities will also focus on current civil rights challenges, especially the criminal justice system.
- New VP of finance and administration named
Patricia A. Johnson will join the Lehigh University leadership team on January 30, 2014.
- MLK Award Nominations Open
Each year, Lehigh University honors the contributions of those whose abilities and achievements uphold and exemplify the teachings and ideals of Dr. Martin Luther King Jr.
- Remembering Mandela
Mandela leaves a legacy of global leadership in the struggle against racial oppression. In the wake of his passing, Lehigh faculty members took time to reflect on his life.
- Washington Post’s executive editor to speak at 2014 commencement
Martin “Marty” Baron is a 1976 Lehigh graduate and 37-year veteran of the newspaper industry.
- Lehigh-Lafayette 150th game at Yankee Stadium...
President Gast talks about "The Rivalry," saying, "It's a tremendous tradition, it's an exciting rivalry and you know it represents our alumni and friends' dedication to their alma maters."
- You Wish You Went to College At This Invention Space...
Fast Company is one of a handful of media outlets in which President Gast discusses inquiry-based learning and the possibilities associated with Lehigh's "Mountaintop Experience."
Alum's generosity to expand global engagement at Lehigh
Herb Roemmele '53 provided a generous gift of $5 million for the transformation of Williams Hall, an initiative that will help the next generation of students gain the experiences needed to become leaders of the future.
- “Urban Outfitters' Co-Founder Explains Why He's Building…”
Lehigh alum Scott Belair ’69 talks with Business Insider about Lehigh’s “Moutaintop Project” and how the untraditional learning experience is yet another avenue for learning at Lehigh.
- Ghosts, ghouls and Gast
More than 1,300 undergraduate and graduate students visiting the president's house during a Halloween celebration of school spirit that had the Asa Packer campus buzzing well into the night.
MLK planners aim for year-long attention on social justice
Lehigh’s annual week-long celebration of the life and legacy of Martin Luther King Jr. is being upgraded to a year of active reflection and conversation about the causes for which the late civil rights leader gave his life.
Founder’s Day 2013: A Vision for Taking Lehigh Forward
Speaking to alumni, students, faculty and staff on the occasion of Lehigh’s 135th Founder’s Day celebration, President Alice P. Gast said that Lehigh remains as committed as ever to Asa Packer’s vision of a university that could change the world by helping promising young minds develop into great leaders.
- In the News: Chemical & Engineering News (PDF)
President Gast discusses her role as a U.S. Science Envoy.
- Bill Nye "The Science Guy" to deliver commencement address
The well-known TV host and comedian is known for an innate ability to make science accessible.
- President Gast appears on WDIY - Lehigh Valley Community Public Radio
Sally Handlon, host of WDIY’s Lehigh Valley Discourse, interviews Alice P. Gast about the university and its path to the future.
- Gast joins public, private leaders in bold plan to spur manufacturing
Lehigh's president advocated K-16 STEM education and international experiences as keys to competitive workforce.
- Saudi Minister of Petroleum and Mineral Resources Ali Al-Naimi will deliver 2012 address
The 1962 Lehigh University alumnus was a driving force behind Saudi Arabia’s first co-educational graduate research university.
- Lehigh alum Lee Iacocca creates international internship program
Supporters are challenged to match $5 million gift.
- Gast travels to Kazakhstan and Uzbekistan
In her role as a U.S. science envoy, Lehigh President Alice P. Gast will seek to strengthen science and education ties.
- Gast urges student scholars to "see the world from all angles"
Juniors and seniors were honored for outstanding academic achievement at Lehigh's 32nd Honors Convocation.
- Master plans and grand challenges discussed at Town Hall
Students, faculty and staff receive an update on research, sustainability, campus climate and facilities.
- In the News: Gast on science and law enforcement
Lehigh President Alice P. Gast is quoted in an NPR report on the difficulty of using science in the courtroom.
- Gast travels to Azerbaijan as U.S. science envoy
She will identify areas for cooperation on energy, information technology, public-private partnerships and education.
- Gast speaks on recent anthrax panel and on the uncertainty of science
In this podcast for EarthSky, President Gast discusses the results of the recent anthrax investigation and explains why science is not absolute.
- Anthrax panel led by President Gast releases report
Scientific evidence is consistent with the FBI's conclusions, but not as definitive as stated, the panel found.