Each year, Lehigh University honors the contributions of those whose abilities and achievements uphold and exemplify the teachings and ideals of Dr. Martin Luther King Jr.
Dr. King's commitment to seeking racial, social and economic justice through non-violent struggle benefited not only the victims of oppression, but society as a whole. Annual awards in the categories below are intended to acknowledge demonstrated achievements of the awardees in the spirit of Dr. King's dreams.
Nominees must exemplify one or more of the following:
- Demonstration of Dr. King's ideals and principles
- Promotion of social justice
- Increasing the awareness and reducing prejudice
- Commitment to scholarship and education that promotes principles of social justice
- Demonstration of a commitment towards and inclusive Lehigh community
Any member of the campus community is encouraged to submit nominations in the following categories. All nominations are confidential. Award recipients will be named during the university's MLK celebration in January 2014.
To submit a nomination for the awards, please go to the following links:
Posted on Thursday, December 12, 2013