Staff recognition awards announced
The recipients of seven Lehigh University Staff Recognition Awards were announced at the 2004 Staff Dinner, which was held on Thursday, May 20, in the Wood Dining Room. The recipients were:
• Joseph Sterrett, executive director of athletics, the Hillman Exempt Staff Award.
• Susan Meyers, administrative secretary in the office of the Lehigh University Alumni Association, the Hillman Non-exempt Staff Award.
The awards given to Meyers and Sterrett were named for Ralf R. Hillman, Lehigh 1891, who requested that the university trustees honor one individual a year for excellence in either teaching or research work, or for advancing the interests of the university.
• Gisela Nansteel, immigration specialist in the International Education office, the Lehigh University Award for Distinguished Service. The award was established in 1994 and is given annually to a member of the exempt staff who has contributed in significant ways to the Lehigh community. Recipients must have been employed at Lehigh for a minimum of five years.
• Margaret Petrovich, an IR assistant in Library and Technology Services Client Services Department, the Perry and Carol Zirkel Non-exempt Staff Award. The award was established to recognize outstanding performance and contributions by a member of the non-exempt staff.
• Ilhan Citak, special collections assistant in Library and Technology Services Client Services department, the Louis and Helen Zirkel Library Award. The award was established to recognize outstanding performance and service by a member of the exempt and non-exempt staff of the University Libraries.
• Edwin Force, engineering technician in the electrical and computer engineering department, the Employee Relations Advisory Council (ERAC) Distinguished Service Award. The award was created to recognize outstanding service by a nonexempt or exempt staff member.
• J. Bruce Gardiner, director of admissions, the Paul J. Franz Award. The award recognizes a professional staff administrator who combines excellence of performance with a service of dedication and devotion to Lehigh.
Posted on Thursday, May 27, 2004