Steering committee named for 150th celebration
President Alice Gast announces a steering committee that will oversee planning and implementation of the University’s 150th anniversary celebration in 2015. The 13-member committee will begin its work this semester.
“Lehigh’s 150th anniversary will provide an opportunity to celebrate the university’s founding and its wonderful traditions, and to focus on its direction for the future,” says Gast.
Members of the steering committee, invited to serve by President Gast, include:
- Joseph Kender, Jr.’87, ‘93G, Vice President for Advancement – Steering Committee Co-Chair
- Vincent Munley ’74, Deputy Provost for Faculty Affairs – Steering Committee Co-Chair
- Joanne Anderson, Director, Office of the President
- Denise Blew, Associate Vice President for Finance
- Ilhan Citak, University Archivist
- Patricia Mann, Administrative Director, Office of the Provost
- Frederick McGrail, Vice President for Communications and Public Affairs
- Frank Roth ‘80, University Counsel
- John Smeaton, Vice Provost for Student Affairs
- Alan Snyder, Vice President for Research and Graduate Studies
- Joseph Sterrett ’76, ‘78G, Dean of Athletics
- Richard Weisman, Professor of Civil and Environmental Engineering and University Marshal
- Deborah E. Zajac ’97, Lehigh University Alumni Association Senior Vice President; Vice President, Business Development, General Electric
The Steering Committee will begin its work in the Spring 2012 semester, setting the vision for the celebration and appointing members to a community-wide Planning Committee.
Posted on Friday, January 20, 2012