The Commencement Speaker Nominations Committee, representing undergraduate and graduate students, faculty, and staff, has issued a call for nominations for the 2010 commencement speaker.
The committee, after seeking nominations from the campus community and alumni, will review the submissions in order to provide a list of recommended speakers to the president, who will make the final decision.
Nominations for the 2010 commencement speaker will be accepted through April 10, and can be submitted through the online nomination form
. The committee will submit its recommendations to Gast in May.
As stated in the criteria, a commencement speaker should be “someone whose work and achievements reflect Lehigh’s value system and whose message is one that will contribute to graduates’ educational experience.” Individuals are invited to re-submit the names of candidates who were previously nominated, but not selected, as the speaker.
All nominations will be handled in strict confidence. At no time will any member of the nominations committee release the names of any recommended candidates.
Members of the 2010 Commencement Speaker Nominations Committee include:
• Professor Robert Thornton, Committee Chair
• Professor David Anastasio, Honorary Degree Committee Chair
• Professor Lloyd Steffen, University Chaplain
• Jack Meehan, Junior Class President
• Shannon Patrick, Junior Class Vice-President
• Divya Nayar, Student Senate President
• Chris Ferrara, Graduate Student Senate President
• Joanne Anderson, Director, Office of the President
• Thomas Dubreuil, Associate Dean of Students
• Nancy Merritt, Junior Class Advisor, Alumni Association
• Cindy Traupman, staff support
Any questions should be sent to email@example.com
Posted on Thursday, April 09, 2009