The Commencement Speaker Nominations Committee, representing undergraduate and graduate students, faculty, and staff, issued a call Feb. 7 for nominations for the 2009 commencement speaker.
The committee, after seeking nominations from the campus community and alumni, will review the submissions in order to provide a list of recommended speakers to the president, who will make the final decision.
Nominations for the 2009 commencement speaker will be accepted through March 21, and can be submitted by clicking here
. The committee will submit its recommendations to President Gast in April.
As stated in the criteria, a commencement speaker should be “someone whose work and achievements reflect Lehigh’s value system and whose message is one that will contribute to graduates’ educational experience.” Individuals are invited to re-submit the names of candidates who were previously nominated, but not selected, as the speaker.
All nominations will be handled in strict confidence. At no time will any member of the nominations committee release the names of any recommended candidates.
Members of the 2008-09 Commencement Speaker Nominations Committee include:
• Professor Robert Thornton, Committee Chair
• Professor Anne Anderson, Honorary Degree Committee Chair
• Professor Lloyd Steffen, University Chaplain
• Scott Wojciechowski, Junior Class President
• Jenna Paradiso, Junior Class Vice-President
• Clark Cohen, Student Senate President
• Hannah Dailey, Graduate Student Senate President
• Joanne Anderson, Director, Office of the President
• Thomas Dubreuil, Associate Dean of Students
• Nancy Merritt, Junior Class Advisor, Alumni Association
• Meghan Smith, Special Projects Manager, Office of the President
Any questions should be sent to email@example.com
Posted on Thursday, February 07, 2008