The Commencement Speaker Nominations Committee, representing undergraduate
and graduate students, faculty, and staff, has extended its timeframe for nominations for the 2009 commencement speaker. The Committee will continue to accept nominations until April 11.
Nominations can be submitted here
As stated in the criteria, a commencement speaker should be "someone whose work and achievements reflect Lehigh's value system and whose message is one that will contribute to graduates' educational experience." Individuals are invited to resubmit the names of candidates who were previously nominated, but not selected, as the speaker.
All nominations will be handled in strict confidence. At no time will any member of the nominations committee release the names of any recommended candidates.
Members of the 2008-09 Commencement Speaker Nominations Committee include:
• Professor Robert Thornton, Committee Chair
• Professor Anne Anderson, Honorary Degree Committee Chair
• Professor Lloyd Steffen, University Chaplain
• Scott Wojciechowski, Junior Class President
• Jenna Paradiso, Junior Class Vice-President
• Clark Cohen, Student Senate President
• Hannah Dailey, Graduate Student Senate President
• Joanne Anderson, Director, Office of the President
• Thomas Dubreuil, Associate Dean of Students
• Nancy Merritt, Junior Class Advisor, Alumni Association
• Meghan Smith, Special Projects Manager, Office of the President
Any questions should be sent to email@example.com
Posted on Friday, March 21, 2008