Bonnie Devlin, vice president of advancement, won the prestigious Professional of the Year Award in the 2007 Council for Advancement and Support of Education (CASE) District II Achievement Awards.
Devlin’s award was one of 10 honors taken by Lehigh University in the annual contest for District II, the largest of CASE’s eight districts encompassing Delaware, District of Columbia, Maryland, New Jersey, New York, Ontario, Pennsylvania, Puerto Rico, U.S. Virgin Islands, and West Virginia.
The Professional of the Year Award recognizes an advancement professional who has demonstrated exceptional achievement and innovation, contributed to the profession through work with CASE, and volunteered in service to the community or charitable organizations.
Also in the Achievement Awards category, Francis Figlear, who retired on Dec. 31 as a senior development officer, received Retirement Recognition for his 20 years of exemplary service to Lehigh. And Barbara Turanchik, director of the Athletics Partnership, and Joanne Anderson, director of the president’s office, were honored with the Quarter Century Award.
In the Accolades Awards category, Lehigh earned the following honors:
• Gold Award, Web Site: Fundraising/Development: Giving Web site; Advancement and University Relations
• Silver Award, Web Site: Institutional Homepage: Lehigh University Home page (external); University Relations
• Bronze Award, Visual Design in Print: Matriculation piece; Admissions and University Relations
• Bronze Award, Direct Mail: Matriculation Flash e-mail message; Admissions and University Relations
• Bronze Award, Excellence in News Writing—Research, Medicine and Science News Writing; University Relations
• Bronze Award, Best Article: "Staying in the Game" by Bill Doherty, Fall 2005 Lehigh Alumni Bulletin
; University Relations
The awards will be presented during the annual CASE District I and II Conference in New York City on Feb. 11-13.
For a full listing of all CASE District II Accolades Awards winners, click here
For a full listing of all CASE District II Achievement Awards winners, click here