Each year, talented individuals across campus receive Faculty, Staff, and Teaching Assistant Awards in recognition of their contributions to the Lehigh community. Nominations for the various awards are currently being accepted from faculty, staff, and students.
All submissions will be reviewed by selection committees and the award recipients will be recognized at either the annual faculty or staff dinner and receive cash awards ranging from $500 to $5,000. For a list of past winners and more information about nomination eligibility, please click here
The deadline for award nominations is March 5; recipients will be notified by mid-April.
Nominations are being accepted for the following awards:
• The Hillman Faculty Award recognizes excellence in teaching, research work, or advancement of the interests of the university.
• The Hillman Award for Excellence in Graduate Student Advising and the Hillman Award for Excellence in Undergraduate Student Advising are awarded for guiding students through their exploration and pursuit of an academic course of study or assisting them in the development and/or completion of research related to their degree program.
• The Donald B. and Dorothy L. Stabler Award for Excellence in Teaching recognizes a faculty member who has mastered her or his field and extracts from students the full measure of their potential to learn.
• The Eleanor and Joseph F. Libsch Early Career Research Award highlights the efforts of a faculty member who is in the early stages of her or his career and demonstrates the potential for high-quality research and scholarship.
• The Eleanor and Joseph F. Libsch Research Award recognizes established faculty who have demonstrated excellence in research, scholarship and/or artistic achievement, considering both the overall impact and the quality and quantity of scholarly contributions.
• The Christian R. and Mary F. Lindback Award recognizes a senior member of the faculty for distinguished teaching performed during the academic year.
• The Carl R. and Ingeborg Beidleman Research Award acknowledges quality research and refereed scholarship in business and applied economic disciplines and rewards those involved in distinguished research.
• The Robert & Christine Staub Faculty Excellence Award recognizes an individual who is perceived to have made a positive difference in the lives of students, the college community, or with fellow faculty members.
• The Louis and Helen Zirkel Library Staff Award recognizes outstanding performance and service by a member of the exempt or non-exempt staff of the university libraries.
• The Perry and Carol Zirkel Non-Exempt Staff Award and the Hillman Non-Exempt Staff Award recognize outstanding performance and contributions by a member of the non-exempt staff.
• The Lehigh University Award for Distinguished Service is awarded annually to a member of the exempt staff who has contributed in significant ways to the Lehigh community.
• The Hillman Exempt Staff Award recognizes excellence in teaching or research work, or for advancing the interests of the university.
• Three Lehigh University Teaching Assistant Awards are presented to honor excellence in teaching by graduate students.
Posted on Monday, February 19, 2007