J. Curtis Ford 1938
J. Curtis Ford graduated from Lehigh University in 1938 with a B. S. in business administration. As an undergraduate, he joined the Beta Chi Chapter and lettered in wrestling and track. After graduation, Ford worked for Stultz-Sikles Co. in Newark, NJ. In 1945 he and his two brothers, John S. Ford, Sr., Lehigh Class of ’27, and Edward Flynn ’34 established the Ford Steel Company as 33.3% owners. Ford became vice president, president and finally chairman of the board.
During his lifetime, Ford maintained close ties to Lehigh as a member of the university’s Tower and Asa Packer Giving Societies. He also participated on the National Leadership Committee. Ford established the J. Curtis Ford Wrestling scholarship to assist young wrestlers to pursue a Lehigh education. He passed away on March 28, 2001. His spirit will continue to live on at Lehigh University through the many young people supported by the J. Curtis Ford Endowed Wrestling Scholarship Fund.