Establish a Scholarship, Create a Legacy
Enriching the student experience at Lehigh starts with access and affordability. Lehigh seeks to ensure that every qualified student can afford a Lehigh education. In fact, the university meets 96 percent of all student financial aid needs. With many families struggling financially, it is essential that Lehigh maintains this commitment. Your help is key.
By establishing an annual Asa Packer Society Scholarship or an endowed scholarship, you can:
- Change the life of an aspiring student who may not otherwise be able to attend
- Enrich and strengthen the university by keeping its doors open to the very best
- Establish a rewarding personal legacy with tremendous impact on generations of students.
Asa Packer Society Scholarships
The Asa Packer Society Scholarship program is run through the Lehigh Fund. These annual gifts fill the gap between financial aid endowment and the total need of today's students. Each year, approximately 1,000 students receive scholarship support through Asa Packer Society donors.
- A gift of $10,000 supports a scholarship for approximately one semester.
- A gift of $25,000 supports a scholarship for approximately one year.
Asa Packer Society Scholarship donors have the opportunity to meet and get to know their student recipients. All gifts are counted toward membership in the Asa Packer Society at the President's or Founder's Associate level, which offers increased opportunities for engagement with the university.
For more information, please contact Cheryl Murphy at (610) 758-4294.
Endowed scholarship funds are ensuring legacies. They bear the name of the donor or person whom the donor wishes to honor in perpetuity. Individuals, corporations, and foundations can participate in the endowed program with these minimum guidelines:
- A gift in the amount of $100,000 is required to establish a named fund.
- A gift in the amount of $250,000 permits the donor to restrict the named fund for a specific discipline.
- A gift in the amount of $750,000 generates enough income to support a full scholarship reflective of a typical financial aid package.
- Once an endowed fund is established, a donor can add to it by making gifts in any incremental account.
Those who make leadership gifts to the endowment are recognized with membership in the Tower Society. Endowed scholarships include the opportunity to interact with the student assigned to the fund.
For more information, contact Lorraine Wiedorn '84G at (610) 758-4874.