Group Scholarships allow a group of individuals to pool their resources to help fund an annual scholarship for a deserving student at Lehigh. Here’s how it works:
- Alumni who are 0-10 years from graduation can provide a $2,500 scholarship to a deserving student with a minimum $100 gift per donor.
- Alumni who are 10+ years from graduation can provide a $5,000 scholarship to a deserving student with a minimum $200 gift per donor.
- Donors may choose to fund a students’ tuition for 1 year at Lehigh by collectively raising $32,500.
Multi-year commitments are encouraged to support a student for 3 years, and payments can be automated monthly, quarterly, or annually.
- Scholarships will be awarded once the minimum threshold has been reached.
- Lehigh will identify a student with financial need to receive a scholarship the following academic year.
- Donors will receive periodic updates from the student recipient via website or email. Additionally, group leaders are invited to attend Lehigh’s annual Scholarship Dinner to meet their student in person.
Group leaders may restrict their scholarship to a student in a specific major or college, fraternity or sorority, club, affinity, or any other area. In the event that a student matching the criteria is not eligible for financial aid, Lehigh’s Office of Financial Aid will decide who will receive the award.
For more information, contact Laura McGarry ’07
at (610) 758-5598 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org