No announcements at this time.
Making Our Campus as Safe as Possible
Nothing is more important than the safety and well-being of our campus community members. A variety of security measures are already in place throughout campus, including a 24-hour locked door policy for many buildings, access cards for entry into residence halls, exterior emergency phones throughout campus, security screens on residential facilities, well-lit walkways, a safety escort service from dusk until dawn and bus service among residence halls and academic buildings.
Campus safety is a shared responsibility and all members of the Lehigh Community are strongly encouraged to play an active role. While every situation is distinct, we encourage you to stay calm and do not put yourself in harm’s way in the event of an emergency.
In the event of an emergency, the university utilizes the following tools – depending upon the severity of the situation – to communicate with the campus community:
- Sirens are notification that there is imminent danger and that more information should be sought via the university web site.
- LU-ALERT is our text messaging system that sends notifications to your phone in the event of an emergency or inclement weather. To sign up to receive LU-ALERT, visit the Sign Up for LU-ALERT page.
- Emails are sent to everyone who has a campus email address.
- Classroom announcements are relayed via speakers in classrooms across campus.
- Lehigh.edu is our campus web site that would display an alert banner and provide links to other emergency information and resources.
- (610) 758-NEWS is updated when an emergency happens or when the campus is closed or delayed due to weather.
- The university’s Facebook and Twitter pages may be utilized to convey the status of an emergency situation or to relay a closing due to inclement weather.
In the event of a crisis, the crisis management team (CMT) will convene to discuss the handling of the situation. Members of the CMT include the Provost, Vice Provost and Vice President of Student Affairs, Vice President of Communications and Public Affairs, Vice President of Finance and Administration, General Counsel, Dean of Athletics and the Asst. Vice President of Communications.