Paul R. Brown
Department of Accounting: Professor
- Franklin and Marshall College, B.A.
- University of Texas at Austin, M.P.A., Ph.D.
Paul Richard Brown was dean of the College of Business and Economics from 2007-2013. Previous to his deanship, Professor Brown spent over 20 years at NYU Stern School of Business, where he held a variety of senior academic and administrative positions at both the school and university level. He most recently was the associate dean of Executive MBA Programs and academic director of TRIUM, NYU Stern's global executive MBA program in alliance with the London School of Economics and Political Science (LSE) and HEC School of Management, Paris.
He was a past chair of the Department of Accounting, Taxation and Business Law at NYU Stern, and a professor of accounting.
Professor Brown was licensed as a Certified Public Accountant in the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania.
Financial reporting and analysis, including:
- Financial Statement Analysis
- FASB/SEC Policy Analysis
- International Reporting and Analysis
- Earnings Measurement and Management
- Managing Earnings Expectations
Selected Publications and Working Papers
Dean Brown has published articles in a wide range of journals, and is quoted often in the press. Books include:
- Co-Author of Financial Reporting, Financial Statement Analysis, and Valuation: A Strategic Perspective (Thomson/South-Western, 6th Edition, © 2007, released April 2006), a widely used textbook in undergraduate, MBA and executive education programs.
- Author of the e-book, Foundations of Financial Statement Analysis (New York University, Version 6.0, 2005), which has been used successfully in both traditional teaching and mixed-mode distance learning settings.
- Founding editor of The Journal of Financial Statement Analysis