Perella Department of Finance: Assistant Professor
- University of Iowa, Ph.D.
- University of Nebraska-Omaha, M.A.
- Henan University of Science and Technology, B.S.
Professor Yang joined the Perella Department of Finance at Lehigh University in 2008. Her research and teaching interests include corporate finance, mergers, acquisitions, and restructurings, corporate governance, agency issues, capital structure, and investments.
- Corporate Finance
- Mergers, Acquisitions, and Restructurings
- Corporate Governance
- Agency Issues
- Capital Structure
Selected Publications and Working Papers
- "Are small firms less vulnerable to overpriced stock offers?" with Anand M. Vijh, Journal of Financial Economics, 2013, forthcoming.
- "CFO/CEO-board social ties, Sarbanes-Oxley, and earnings management", with Gopal V. Krishnan, K.K. Raman and Wei Yu, Accounting Horizons, September 2011, 25(3), 537-557.
- "The role of investment banker directors in M&A: Can experts help?", with Qianqian Huang, Feng Jiang, and Erik Lie, 2013.
- "The price of street friends: Social Networks, informed trading, and shareholder
costs", with Jie Cai and Ralph Walkling, 2012.
- "Wealth transfers among and between bond issues in mergers and acquisitions:
evidence from bond tender offers", with Matthew Billett, 2012.
- "IPO underwriting syndicates: Do social ties help get a seat at the table?", with J. Cooney, L. Madureira, and A.K. Singh, 2012.
- "The acquisition performance of S&P 500 firms", with Anand M. Vijh, 2010.