Department of Accounting, Assistant Professor
- Louisiana State University, B.S.
- University of Oklahoma, Ph.D.
Sanaz Aghazadeh joined the Department of Accounting at Lehigh University in 2012. Her research interests are in judgment and decision making, specifically as they relate to the audit profession. Her research accomplishments include being selected as a AAA Doctoral Consortium Fellow and being awarded two CAQ Academic Research in Auditing Grants to support her work.
Her teaching interests are in managerial accounting and auditing, and she received the OU Price College of Business Graduate Excellence in Teaching Award while teaching auditing. Prior to joining Lehigh University, Ms. Aghazadeh obtained an accounting Ph.D. from the University of Oklahoma and worked at PricewaterhouseCoopers in New York City. She is a member of the American Accounting Association and the Institute of Internal Auditors.
- Judgment and decision making in auditing
Selected Publications and Working Papers
- The Effect of Expressed Client Confidence on Auditor Judgments
- The Value of a Material Weakness Remediation Audit in the Context of Auditing Standard No. 4
- How do Behavioral Indicators of Audit Committee Effectiveness Influence Audit Effort?