Yvonne Lu, Ph.D.
Department of Accounting: Assistant Professor
- University of Texas at Austin, B.B.A., M.P.A.
- Stanford University, Ph.D.
Yvonne Lu joined the College of Business and Economics in June 2009. Before joining Lehigh, Professor Lu was an assistant professor at University of Southern California. She holds a Ph.D. in Business Administration, Master in Public Accounting and Bachelor of Business Administration. Her research focuses on understanding management discretion in financial reporting. She was the recipient of the Best Dissertation Award from Financial Accounting and Reporting Section of American Accounting Association in 2005. Prior to entering academia, Lu worked as an auditor for PricewaterhouseCoopers. She is a Certified Public Accountant in the state of California.
- Earnings management and earnings quality
- Securities litigation
- Economic consequences of accounting standards and securities regulation
- Corporate governance
- Corporate voluntary disclosure practices
- Initial public offerings
- Pension accounting
Selected Publications and Working Papers
- “Uniformity vs. flexibility: evidence from pricing of the pension obligation” (with Rebecca Hann and K.R. Subramanyam), The Accounting Review, 2007.
- “Earnings management at the segment level” (with Rebecca Hann)
- “Is private securities litigation effective in detecting earnings manipulation?”
- “Have defendant firms of securities litigation manipulated earnings?”