Deepa Chandrasekaran Ph.D., holds the Alison and Norman H. Axelrod '74 Research Fellowship.
Department of Marketing: Assistant Professor
- University of Southern California, Ph.D.
- Indian Institute of Management Bangalore, M.B.A.
- Stella Maris College, India, B.A.
Deepa Chandrasekaran, Phd (University of Southern California) is an Assistant Professor of Marketing at Lehigh University. Her primary research expertise lies in the areas of new product diffusion, innovation management and global marketing strategies. Her research articles have been published in top marketing journals such as Journal of Marketing, Marketing Science and International Journal of Research in Marketing. She has also published book chapters in the Wiley International Encyclopedia of Marketing and the Marketing Science Institute's Relevant Knowledge Series.
Deepa Chandrasekaran has won several research awards including the competitive Christian and Mary Lindback Foundation's Minority Junior Faculty award, the American Marketing Association Global Marketing SIG's 2010 Excellence in Global Marketing Research Award and the Best Paper award at the PDMA (Product Development and Management Association) Research Forum. She has presented her work at major international conferences including the Marketing Science Conference, Winter Marketing Educator's Conference, Summer Marketing Educator's Conference, PDMA research forum, and the Marketing Dynamics conference. Her teaching interests include Principles of Marketing, Global Marketing, Marketing Strategy and Product Management.
- Innovation management
- New product development and growth
- Marketing strategy
- Consumer innovativeness and response biases
Selected Publications and Working Papers
1. Refereed Publications
- "Getting a Grip on the Saddle: Cycles or Chasms?", with Gerard J. Tellis, forthcoming, Journal of Marketing
- Gerard J. Tellis and Deepa Chandrasekaran (2010) "Extent and Impact of Response Biases in Cross-National Survey Research", International Journal of Research in Marketing, 27(4), 329-341
- Deepa Chandrasekaran and Gerard J. Tellis (2008), "Global Takeoff of New Products: Culture, Wealth or Vanishing Differences", Marketing Science, 27(5), 844-860
- Deepa Chandrasekaran and Gerard J. Tellis (2007), "A Critical Review of Marketing Research on Diffusion of New Products", in Naresh K. Malhotra, Review of Marketing Research, vol.3, Armonk: M.E. Sharpe, 39-80
- Deepa Chandrasekaran and Gerald J. Tellis (2007), "Global Takeoff of New Products: Culture's Consequences, Wealth of Nations, or Vanishing Differences?", MSI Report No. 07-121, Issue Four
2. Book Chapters
- Deepa Chandrasekaran and Gerald J. Tellis (2009), "Diffusion of Innovations", Wiley International Encyclopedia of Marketing, Product Innovation & Management volume, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd.
- Deepa Chandrasekaran and Gerald J. Tellis (2009), "Global Takeoff", Empirical Generalizations about Marketing Impact, Edited by Dominique Hanssens, Relevant Knowledge Series, Marketing Science Institute, Cambridge, Massachusetts
- Deepa Chandrasekaran and Gerald J. Tellis (2009), "Global Diffusion", Empirical Generalizations about Marketing Impact, Edited by Dominque Hanssens, Relevant Knowledge Series, Marketing Science Institute, Cambridge, Massachusetts