Department of Management: Assistant Professor
- United States Air Force Academy, B.S.
- Air Force Institute of Technology, M.S.
- University of Colorado, M.B.A.
- University of Virginia, Ph.D.
William Forster studies topics in entrepreneurship and business ethics. His research interests focus on entrepreneurial decision-making, new venture teams, business ethics, and social entrepreneurship. He has published papers on these topics in the Academy of Management Review, the Journal of Business Venturing, the Journal of Business Ethics, Frontiers of Entrepreneurship Research, the Journal of Management Education, and the Academy of Management Best Paper Proceedings. He also serves as a member of the editorial review board of the Academy of Management Review.
Professor Forster joined the Lehigh faculty in 2009 after graduating from the University of Virginia with a Ph.D. in Business Administration with concentrations in Entrepreneurship, Strategic Management, and Business Ethics. He was also an Instructor of Management at the United States Air Force Academy and was awarded an Air Force PhD Fellowship. He has twelve years experience as an Air Force officer and worked as both a financial and project manager in numerous technology development programs.
- Entrepreneurial Decision-Making
- New Venture Teams
- Business Ethics
Selected Publications and Working Papers
- Forster, W.R. & Ramesh, A. (2013) From Goldilocks to Gump: A Research Agenda for Entrepreneurial Mechanisms Design. Academy of Management Best Paper Proceedings. *Winner of the 2014 Best Conceptual Paper Award, Entrepreneurship Division.
- Venkataraman, S., Sarasvathy, S.D., Dew, N. & Forster, W.R. (2013) Dialogue: Of Narratives and Artifacts. Academy of Management Review, 38(1).
- Brown, J.A. & Forster, W. R. (2013) CSR and Stakeholder Theory: A Tale of Adam Smith. Journal of Business Ethics, 112(2).
- Venkataraman, S., Sarasvathy, S.D., Dew, N. & Forster, W.R. (2012) Reflections on the 2010 AMR decade award: Whither the promise? Moving forward with entrepreneurship as a science of the artificial. Academy of Management Review, 37(1).
- Forster, W.R. & Jansen K.J. (2010) Co-Creating New Ventures: Attraction, Search, and Uncertainty in Founding Partnership Formation. Frontiers of Entrepreneurship Research, 30(10).
- Hayward, M. L., Forster, W.R., Sarasvathy, S.D., & Fredrickson B. L. (2010) Beyond Hubris: How Highly Confident Entrepreneurs Rebound to Venture Again. Journal of Business Venturing, 25(6). *Selected by the Academy of Management’s Entrepreneurship Division as a 2009 research exemplar paper.
- Ferrante, C. J., Green, S. J. & Forster, W. R. (2006) Getting More out of Team Projects: Incentivizing Leadership to Enhance Performance. Journal of Management Education, 30(6).