Steve has over 25 years of industry experience as a professional marketer with a track record in building brand-equity on global consumer brands, having worked in senior leadership positions for a number of blue-chip, multi-national firms. Steve's industry efforts have resulted in measureable success in leading a number of turnaround global brand building efforts, including Smirnoff® at Diageo PLC, Six Flags Theme Parks™ at Time Warner, Inc., Century 21® Real Estate at Cendant Corporation and the Ragu® and Bertolli® brand portfolios at Unilever, N.V., PLC.
Steve’s work has been recognized for excellence (EFFIE Award for outstanding advertising, 1999, BRANDWEEK cover story, 2000, “Best Promoted Brands” of 2001, Promo Magazine, 2001, “Outstanding Website” WebAward, 2001) and he has been published and quoted in leading magazines, newspapers and industry trade journals. Steve is the author of the book titled, The Adventures of (a real life) Brand Czar – 12 Personal-Size Marketing Lessons for Global-Size Results.
Steve applies his practical experience to the classroom environment and he also advises marketing majors in career development.
• President & CEO, Savino Global Group, LLC.
• Vice President and General Manager, Unilever N.V., PLC
• Executive Vice President, Global Marketing, Cendant Corp.,
Century 21 Real Estate Corp.
• Corporate Vice President of Marketing and Sales,
Time Warner, Inc., Six Flags Entertainment Corp.
• Vice President of Marketing; Director of Marketing,
UDV/Heublein (now called Diageo)
• Product Manager, Southland Corp., 7-Eleven Stores Group
• Brand Manager; Promotions Manager, Anheuser Busch Companies, Inc.
• Product Analyst, General Instrument Corp. (now part of Motorola)