Zach G. Zacharia
Department of Management: Associate Professor
- University of Calgary, B.S. (Mechanical Engineering)
- University of Alberta, M.B.A.
- University of Tennessee, Ph.D.
Zach G. Zacharia teaches classes in Supply Chain Operations Management and Logistics and Transportation and is the faculty advisor to the Supply Chain Management Club. Prior to his appointment at Lehigh University, he served on the faculty at Texas Christian University where he taught graduate and undergraduate courses in Supply Chain Management, Procurement, Analytical Tools and Logistics and Transportation.
Professor Zacharia’s publications include articles in the Journal of Operations Management, Journal of Business Logistics, Journal of Retailing, Journal of Vehicle Design, Marketing Management and Wall Street Journal. Two of Professor Zacharia's publications are in the Journal of Operations Management, the leading journal in the Operations field and six publications are in the Journal of Business Logistics, the leading journal in the Logistics field. Book chapters include three chapters in Supply Chain Management and a chapter in Managing Innovation: The New Competitive Edge for Logistics Service Providers. His current research interest is supplier satisfaction.
Prior to joining academia, Zacharia worked for the Department of Transportation in Alberta, Canada, for ten years as an equipment engineer and at the University of Tennessee, Center for Transportation Research, for six years as an Associate Director. He is a principal in BZS Consulting, the focus of which is on evaluating collaboration and procurement strategies across firms in a supply chain.
Among the awards he has received is a top 4 finalist paper (2010) in the Journal of Operations Management, the Best Paper Award (2007) from North American Research/Teaching Symposium on Purchasing and Supply Chain Management, a Doctoral Dissertation Proposal Award (2000) from the University of Arkansas and, the Outstanding Student Paper Award (2000) from the Society for Marketing Advances.
- Knowledge Management and Collaboration within the Supply Chain
- Supply Chain Disruptions
- Supplier Innovation
- Supplier Satisfaction
- Financial Implications of Supply Chain Management
Selected Publications and Working Papers
- Zach G. Zacharia, Nancy W. Nix, Robert F. Lusch, (2011), "Capabilities that Enhance Outcomes of an Episodic Supply Chain Collaboration" Journal of Operations Management, Vol. 29, No. 6, 591-603.
- Zach G. Zacharia, Nada R. Sanders, Nancy W. Nix, (2011), "The Emerging Role of the Third-Party Logistics Provider (3PL) as a Supply Chain Orchestrator" Journal of Business Logistics, Vol. 32, No. 1, 40-54.
- Danny Lanier, Jr., William F. Wempe, Zach G. Zacharia, (2010) “Concentrated Supply Chain Membership and Financial Performance: Chain- and Firm-Level Perspectives” Journal of Operations Management, Vol.28, No.1, (1-16). (Top 4 Finalist 2010)
- Zach G. Zacharia, Nancy W. Nix and Robert F. Lusch, (2009) “An Analysis of Supply Chain Collaborations and Their Effect on Performance” Journal of Business Logistics, Vol. 30, No. 2, 101-123.
- Chad W. Autry, Zach G. Zacharia and Charles W. Lamb, (2008) “A Logistics Strategy Taxonomy” Journal of Business Logistics, Vol. 29. No. 2, pp 53-74.
- Zach G. Zacharia and John T. Mentzer (2007) “The Role of Logistics in New Product Development,” Journal of Business Logistics, Vol. 28, No. 1, pp 83-110.
- Zach G. Zacharia and John T. Mentzer (2004) “Logistics Salience In A Changing Environment,” Journal of Business Logistics, Vol. 25, No. 1, pp 187-210.