Yoon Ju Kang
Department of Accounting, Assistant Professor
- Ewha Womans University, BS
- University of Illinois at Urbana Champaign, MSA
- University of Illinois at Urbana Champaign, Ph.D.
Yoon Ju Kang was a Certified Public Accountant (inactive) in the state of Illinois and has worked in the Investor Relations Department at Samsung Securities from 2003-2005.
Her primary research interests lie in the judgment and decision-making literature in auditing and corporate governance contexts. Specific topics include auditors' materiality judgments, industry specialization, auditor's reporting model, and audit committee effectiveness.
- Judgment and decision making in auditing
- Corporate governance
Selected Publications and Working Papers
- Audit Committee's Propensity to Challenge Significant Accounting Estimates: The Joint Effects of Audit Report Content and Investor Type
- Auditor's Materiality Judgments: The Joint Effects of Perspective Taking and Industry Specialization (with Mark Peecher and Elizabeth Poziemski)