Kenneth P. Sinclair
Department of Accounting: Professor
- University of Massachusetts, B.A., M.S., Ph.D.
Kenneth P. Sinclair began his academic career at Lehigh University in 1972. He served as department chair from 1988 to 2007 and Senior Advisor to the Dean from 2007-2013. Sinclair has held leadership positions with professional accounting organizations and served on numerous academic and advisory committees. He has received several awards for teaching and service, including the first Pennsylvania Institute of Certified Public Accountants' Outstanding Accounting Educator Award.
Professor Sinclair has researched and written on a myriad of subjects related to managerial accounting. From 2005 to 2013, he served on the Board of Directors, serving as audit committee chair, for Lannett Company, a publicly-traded, generic drug manufacturing firm. He was also a member of the Nominating and Governance Committee and the Compensation Committee. Sinclair earned a bachelor of business administration degree in accounting, a master of science degree in accounting and a doctorate degree in business administration from the University of Massachusetts.
Selected Awards and Honors in Teaching and Service
- Winner of the Faculty Recognition Award, Peer Mentors Program (Dean of Students), Teaching/Advising. (February 2012). Annually a faculty member from each college is selected by Academic Support Service (Cheryl Ashcroft) in recognition of his/her commitment to Universal Design for Learning (UDL) by using and "intentional, multi-faceted approach to teaching which engages every student's learning style."
- Hillman Award for Excellence in Undergraduate Student Advising, given at the University Faculty Dinner, 2008, 2004, 2003.
- Lehigh University Faculty Advisor Award, given by the Intrafraternity Council/Panhellenic Council at the Greek Awards Banquet, 2008.
- Chapter Advisor of the Year Award, given by the National Congress of Chi Phi fraternity, 2008.
- Robert and Christine Staub Faculty Award, which honors a faculty member in the College of Business & Economics, who is perceived to have made a positive difference in the lives of students, the college community, or with fellow faculty members, 2006
- Coopers & Lybrand Professorship, 1994-95.
- First Pennsylvania Institute of Certified Public Accountants' Outstanding Accounting Educator Award, given to an accounting educator from a Pennsylvania college or university who has distinguished him- or herself through excellence in teaching, motivation and education innovation, 1989.
- Deming Lewis Faculty Award, given by the Lehigh University Alumni Association to the person who is judged by the ten-year reunion class to have significantly influenced their members' educational experience, 1987.
- William H. Moyer Trophy, awarded by the Lehigh Valley Chapter of the Institute of Management Accounting, given to the member whose activity on behalf of the chapter is deemed most outstanding, 1988, 1984, 1982.
- Donald B. and Dorothy L. Stabler Award, given by Lehigh University to a faculty member who demonstrates mastery of his or her field and superior ability in communicating it to others, 1982.
- Lindback Teaching Award, given by the Lehigh University Faculty to a junior faculty member who has demonstrated outstanding teaching achievement, 1975.
- Cost management approaches in manufacturing firms
- Accounting and business education issues