Perella Department of Finance: Assistant Professor
- Williams College, B.A.
- University of Utah, Ph.D.
Yung-Yu Ma joined the Perella Department of Finance in 2009. Prior to joining academia, Professor Ma worked in the Greater China Strategic Services Group of Andersen Consulting (now Accenture), and also served as a country manager in Asia for a U.S. multinational manufacturing company.
He has presented research papers at the Western Finance Association and Financial Management Association conferences, and his research on bankruptcy restructuring has been featured in both Maclean’s and the Wall Street Journal.
- Financial distress and bankruptcy restructuring
- Corporate finance
- Market microstructure
Selected Publications and Working Papers
- Executory contracts and Chapter 11 restructuring incentives
- Survival of the fittest? Financial and economic distress and restructuring outcomes in Chapter 11
- The resolution of financial distress: A microstructure approach
- Firm unionization and bankruptcy restructuring
- Bankruptcy restructuring and recidivism