Perella Department of Finance: Assistant Professor
- Williams College, B.A.
- University of Utah, Ph.D.
Yung-Yu Ma joined the Perella Department of Finance in 2009. Prior to joining academia, Professor Ma worked in the Greater China Strategic Services Group of Andersen Consulting (now Accenture), and also served as a country manager in Asia for a U.S. multinational manufacturing company.
He has published papers in the Financial Review and in the American Bankruptcy Institute Law Review, and has presented research papers at the Western Finance Association and Financial Management Association conferences. His research on bankruptcy restructuring has been featured in both Maclean’s and the Wall Street Journal.
- Financial distress and bankruptcy restructuring
- Corporate finance and Investments
- Market microstructure
- Asymmetric information and reputation
Selected Publications and Working Papers
- Acquisitions in bankruptcy: 363 sales versus plan sales and the existence of fire sales
- Computerization of the equity, foreign exchange, derivatives, and fixed income markets
- Executory contracts and Chapter 11 restructuring incentives
- Survival of the fittest? Financial and economic distress and restructuring outcomes in Chapter 11
- Firm unionization and bankruptcy restructuring
- Bankruptcy restructuring and recidivism