Ajai K. Singh
Ajai K. Singh, Bolton-Perella Chair.
Perella Department of Finance: Professor
- University of Delhi, MBA
- University of Iowa, Ph.D. (1988)
Ajai Singh was a Professor of Finance at the Weatherhead School of Management, Case Western University before moving to Lehigh University in 2011.
Professor Singh has received several teaching awards, the most recent of which was the "Undergraduate Teaching Excellence Award" given to him by the Undergraduate Student Government at Case Western Reserve University for being the Outstanding Faculty Member in the Weatherhead School of Management for 2010-2011. Professor Singh was in charge of the Undergraduate Program in Finance at the Weatherhead School from 1998 until 2011 and is singularly proud of the fact that it was ranked #1 in the U.S. by BusinessWeek for 2010 & 2012.
Professor Singh has several publications in top-tier academic journals in Finance including the Journal of Finance, Journal of Financial Economics, Journal of Financial and Quantitative Analysis, Financial Management, Journal of Financial Intermediation, Journal of Financial Markets, Journal of Banking & Finance, Journal of Risk & Insurance and Financial Analysts Journal. He has over 500 citations of his research papers. His research interest, among other topics, is at the intersection of investment banking and corporate finance and seeks to understand whether the market’s response to capital acquisition events, in both international and domestic settings, is consistent with rational or behavioral models.
- Corporate Finance
- Financial Markets
Selected Publications and Working Papers
- Ergungor, Ozgur E., Leonardo Madureira, Nandkumar Nayar, and Ajai K. Singh: Banking Relationships and Sell-Side Research. Journal of Financial Intermediation forthcoming.
- Lin Ji-Chai, Ajai K. Singh, Ping-Wen (Steven) Sun and Wen Yu: Price Delay Premium and Liquidity Risk. Journal of Financial Markets 17 (2014) 150-173.
- Krishnan, C.N.V., Vladimir I. Ivanov, Ron Masulis, Ajai K. Singh: Venture capital reputation, post-IPO performance, and corporate governance. Journal of Financial and Quantitative Analysis 46 (5) October (2011) 1295 - 1333.
- Krishnan, C.N.V., Ozgur E. Ergungor, Paul Laux, Ajai K. Singh and Allan A. Zebedee: Examining Bank SEOs: Are Offers Made by Undercapitalized Banks Different? Journal of Financial Intermediation 19 (2010) 207-234.
- Lin Ji-Chai, Ajai K. Singh and Wen Yu: Stock splits, trading continuity and the cost of equity capital. Journal of Financial Economics 93 (2009) 474-489.
- Bradley, Dan, Konan Chan, Joonghyuk Kim, and Ajai K. Singh: Are there long-run implications of analyst coverage for IPOs? Journal of Banking & Finance 32 (2008), 1120-1132.
- Gupta, Anurag, Ajai K. Singh and Allan A. Zebedee: Liquidity in the Pricing of Syndicated Loans. Journal of Financial Markets 11 (2008), 339-376.
- Nayar, Nandkumar, Ajai K. Singh and Allan A. Zebedee: Share Repurchase Offers and Liquidity: An Examination of Temporary and Permanent Effects. Financial Management 37 (2008), 251-270.
- Chan, Konan, John W. Cooney, Jr., Joonghyuk Kim, and Ajai K. Singh: The IPO Derby: Are there Consistent Losers and Winners on this Track? Financial Management 37 (2008), 45-80.
- Krishnan, CNV, Ajai K. Singh and Allan A. Zebedee: An examination of large sell orders in cold IPO aftermarkets. Journal of Financial Markets 9 (2006), 119-143.
- Bradley, Daniel J., John W. Cooney Jr., Bradford D. Jordan and Ajai K. Singh: Negotiation and the IPO Offer Price: A Comparison of Integer versus Non-Integer IPOs. Journal of Financial and Quantitative Analysis 39 (2004), 517-540.
- Carter, Richard B., Frederick H. Dark and Ajai K. Singh: Underwriter Reputation, Initial Returns and the Long-Run Performance of IPO Stocks. Journal of Finance 53 (1998), 285-312.
- Singh, Ajai K.: Layoffs and Underwritten Rights Offers. Journal of Financial Economics 43 (1997), 105-130.
- Cowan, Arnold R., Nandkumar Nayar, and Ajai K. Singh: Underwriting Calls of Convertible Securities: A Note. Journal of Financial Economics 31 (1992), 269-278.
- Singh, Ajai K., Arnold Cowan, and Nandkumar Nayar: Underwritten Calls of Convertible Bonds. Journal of Financial Economics 29 (1991), 173-196.
- Cowan, Arnold, Nandkumar Nayar, and Ajai K. Singh: Stock Returns Before and After Calls of Convertible Bonds. Journal of Financial and Quantitative Analysis 25 (1990), 549-554.