Beibei Dong, Ph.D., holds the Thomas J. Campbell '80 Professorship.
Department of Marketing: Assistant Professor
- Tongji University, Shanghai, China, B.A.
- University of Missouri, Ph.D.
Beibei (Bacy) Dong joined the College of Business and Economics in July 2009. She received a Ph.D. in Business Administration (Marketing) from the University of Missouri. Before the doctoral program, she worked for a management consulting firm for over two years, providing consulting services for the two largest telecommunication companies in China.
Professor Dong’s research and teaching interests include services marketing, international marketing, and marketing management. Her articles have been published in Journal of Marketing, Journal of the Academy of Marketing Science, and Journal of International Marketing among others. She has published a book chapter in the book Advances in Banking Technology and Management: Impact of ICT and CRM and several conference proceedings at national and international conferences such as AMA Educator’s Conference.
Professor Dong has received several research grants, including Juran Doctoral Award ($2,500) from the Joseph M. Juran Center for Leadership in Quality at the University of Minnesota. She was selected as American Marketing Association Sheth Doctoral Consortium Fellow in 2008 and was a recipient of Outstanding Graduate Research Assistant at the University of Missouri in 2007.
- Customer Participation, Co-creation and User Innovation
- Service Failure and Recovery
- Global Marketing Strategy and Entry Mode
Selected Publications and Working Papers
- K. Sivakumar, Mei Li, and Beibei Dong (2014), “Service Quality: The Impact of Frequency, Timing, Proximity, and Sequence of Failures and Delights," Journal of Marketing, 78 (1), 41-58.
- Standifer, Rhetta L. Kenneth R. Evans and Beibei Dong (2010), “The Influence of Spirituality on Buyer Perception Within Business-to-Business Marketing Relationships: A Cross-Cultural Exploration and Comparison,” Journal of Relationship Marketing, 9 (3), 132-160.
- Beibei Dong, Kenneth R. Evans, and Shaoming Zou (2008), “The Effects of Customer Participation in Co-Created Service Recovery,” Journal of the Academy of Marketing Science, 36 (1), 123-137.
- Beibei Dong, Shaoming Zou, and Charles R. Taylor (2008), “MNCs’ Control of Their Operations in the Foreign Markets: An Integrative Theoretical Model,” Journal of International Marketing, 16 (1), 98-119.
- Murali Mantrala, Manfred Krafft, Beibei Dong, and Kalyan Raman (2007), “The CRM Process and the Banking Industry: Insights from the Marketing Literature,” in Advances in Banking Technology and Management: Impact of ICT and CRM (eds: Vadlamani Ravi), Idea Group Inc., 159-185.