Jesus M. Salas
Jesus M. Salas, Ph.D., holds the Alison and Norman H. Axelrod '74 Summer Research Fellowship.
Perella Department of Finance: Assistant Professor
- St. Mary's University, B.S.
- Miami University of Ohio, M.A.
- University of Oklahoma, Ph.D.
Professor Salas joined the Perella Department of Finance at Lehigh University in 2008. His teaching and research interests include investments, corporate finance, corporate governance and corporate risk management.
Professor Salas has published in the Journal of Banking and Finance, The Journal of Real Estate Finance and Economics, The Journal of Economics and Finance, and in the volume “Transforming Public Enterprises in Europe and Americas: Networks, Integration, and Transnationalization.” He is also the director of the Two Brothers Foundation, a non-profit organization in the squatter town of Rocinha, in Rio de Janeiro, Brazil.
- Corporate Finance
- Corporate Governance
- Corporate Risk Management
Selected Publications and Working Papers
- Governance, Conference Calls and CEO Compensation
- Government Ownership and Corporate Governance
- Entrenchment and the Stock Price Reaction to Sudden Executive Deaths
- Minimum Variance Hedging when Spot Price Changes are Partially Predictable
- CEO Turnover and Firm Performance
- Is the CEO's In-House Experience Informative and Audit Risk?
- Lifecycle of Directors: Evidence from Director Deaths and Resignations
- The Effects of Insider-Outsider vs. Generalist-Specialist Attributes on CEO Compensation
- The Casual Effect of Option Pay on Corporate Risk Management
- Who Speculates? Evidence from the Gold Industry
- The Impact of Cross-Listing on Corporate Governance: A Test of the Governance Bonding Hypothesis
- Privatization in America