Jesus M. Salas
Jesus M. Salas, Ph.D., holds the Francis J. Ingrassia Professorship.
Perella Department of Finance: Assistant Professor
- St. Mary's University, B.S.
- Miami University of Ohio, M.A.
- University of Oklahoma, Ph.D.
Professor Salas joined the Perella Department of Finance at Lehigh University in 2008. His teaching and research interests include investments, corporate finance, corporate governance, corporate risk management, and dividend policy.
Professor Salas has published in the Journal of Banking and Finance, The Journal of Economics and Finance, and in the volume “Transforming Public Enterprises in Europe and Americas: Networks, Integration, and Transnationalization.” He is also the director of the Two Brothers Foundation, a non-profit organization in the squatter town of Rocinha, in Rio de Janeiro, Brazil.
- Corporate Finance
- Corporate Governance
- Corporate Risk Management
- Dividend Policy
Selected Publications and Working Papers
- Minimum Variance Hedging when Spot Price Changes are Partially Predictable
- Privatization in America
- The Cash Holdings Hypothesis of Dividend Policy: Evidence from Dividend Initiations
- Entrenchment and the Stock Price Reaction to Sudden Executive Deaths
- Why do Firms Speculate? Evidence from the Gold Industry
- Is there a Lower Propensity to Pay Dividends? A Decomposition of Dividend Payers