Project Management Certificate
Lehigh University's Graduate Programs Office recognizes that while a project manager is indispensable, the role of the project manager is expanding due to the globalization of the economy and the current economic climate. We proudly offer the Project Management Certificate (PMC) program to enhance the learning curve of the project manager. The PMC program also serves as an excellent prep course before taking the Project Management Professional (PMP®) Certification.
As a Registered Education Provider (R.E.P.), Lehigh University has been approved by PMI to issue Professional Development Units (PDUs) for its PM certificate courses.
Here is what you will find when you enroll in Lehigh University’s PMC program:
- Eight (8) courses ranging from management skills to process skills
- Combination of both online and on-campus course offerings. Five (5) of the eight (8) courses are offered online. Three (3) of the eight (8) courses are required to be taken on-campus.
- Only taught by Industry Experts
- 11 months to complete the entire program
- Cohort-based: students move through the entirety of the program as one unit in order to build relationships with colleagues and to provide additional support to fellow team members
- Program begins three (3) times per year: a cohort begins in the spring, summer, and fall semester
Want more information about our Project Management Certificate Program?
Email us for details and we will also send you an application fee waiver. Please include the following in your email: your legal name, phone number, and the date you would be interested in starting the program.
What makes our PMC program different from the rest?
Our students will tell you:
“The Lehigh University (PMC) program format offered me the confidence in leadership and ethics that are not only prescribed by the Project Management Institute, but also serve as valued behavior for interfacing with demanding internal and external customers.”
Korwyn B. Christensen
Technical Staff Member
Lost Alamos National Laboratory
Los Alamos National Laboratory, Los Alamos, NM
“I elected to pursue continuing education from Lehigh University based on the institute’s excellent reputation, as well as endorsement from the Project Management Institute.”
Clinical Program Manager
Johnson & Johnson
Pharmaceuticals Research Development, Raritan, NJ
"During my first class I spent a significant amount of time in China, but with the Blackboard tools, it was no issue. It is amazing that a program can be administered, literally to the other side of the planet, and still be so effective. It was the best of both worlds; taking a very interesting assignment and getting the formal education too.”
Purchasing and New Business Manager
Bosal International North America, Ypsilanti, MI
“I received an excellent education in the Project Management Certificate Program at Lehigh and am further leveraging my educational opportunity by pursuing my MBA. Lehigh is a great institution, and I am proud to be a part of the College of Business & Economics.”
Longleaf Development Company, Lancaster, PA
“I selected Lehigh University because of the reputation of the graduate programs, success of the alumni, and the working professional oriented schedule.”
Director of Workforce Initiatives
Wall Street West, Bethlehem, PA
Who is the PMC program designed for?
- Industry professionals looking to prepare for their PMP Certification
- Government, Education, and Industry professionals responsible for managing project teams who are looking to immediately improve their project delivery by adding practical strategies and tools
- Individuals who anticipate moving into a project manager role as a next step in their career advancement
- Managers or small business owners who mentor others in effective project management processes and procedures
- Students enrolled in a graduate program or with an undergraduate degree who expect to work in a position that requires them to participate in and/or manage project teams.
The PMI Registered Education Provider logo and PMP is a registered mark of the Project Management Institute, Inc.