Why the Lehigh MSAF?
The Lehigh M.S. in Analytical Finance (MSAF) program is a cutting-edge, 30 credit-hour program designed to provide students with a strong education in advanced finance and quantitative financial analysis tools using key concepts from financial theory, applied mathematics, and engineering. With these building blocks, program graduates will become instrumental in the creation of innovative solutions for real financial problems, using state of the art analytical techniques and computing technology. The curriculum is intended for career opportunities in areas such as portfolio management, securities trading, investment banking, risk management, and financial information systems. Upon completing the MSAF program, a graduate will be able to add immediate value to their firm’s pricing, hedging, trading, and portfolio
management decisions by being able to:
- Conceptualize real world problems with mathematical tools, models, and theories of investment instruments and financial portfolio management;
- Demonstrate proficiency in locating, creating, managing, and analyzing large scale data sets with advanced computing tools;
- Integrate tools in probability, optimization, simulation, and information technology;
- Integrate tools to design financial instruments, transactional systems, and technology-enabled solutions;
- Bridge the knowledge and skill gaps between financial professionals (e.g., asset managers) and computing/execution professionals (e.g., IT specialists).