Business Information Systems Major
All College of Business and Economics students must complete the Core Curriculum, as well as the requirements for their major area of study.
The Business Information Systems (BIS) major
The BIS major provides students with a strong foundation in cross-functional business processes and the application of information systems to support them. The use of technology to improve business performance and effectively support strategic business plans is a major focus of the program. Career opportunities for BIS majors include: business analyst, systems analyst, and information systems consultant.
Related special programs that augment the BIS curriculum include:
- Association of Information Technology Professionals student chapter
- Lehigh in Prague program: BIS summer internship program with major international consulting firms. Academic credit is earned.
Business Information Systems
Required for all Business Majors
- BIS 111: Management Information Systems
Required for all Business Information Systems Majors (4 courses)
- BIS 311: Managing IS Analysis and Design
- BIS 324: Business Data Management
- BIS 335: Web Application Development for Business
- BIS 350: Project Management
Business Information Systems Electives (choose 2 courses)
- ACCT 311: Accounting Information Systems
- BIS 333: Enterprise Security and Risk Management
- BIS 342: E-Business Enterprise Applications
- BIS 372: Special Topics in Information Systems
- CSB 314: International Practicum (Lehigh in Prague)
For full descriptions of these courses, link to catalog.
For more information, please contact Professor Catherine Ridings, Director, at email@example.com.