Economics Undergraduate Programs
In keeping with the general and specific uses of economic analysis, the Economics Department of Lehigh University offers two majors to students in the College of Business and Economics
- Business Economics major: emphasizes the application of economic analysis to strategic and operational business decisions. This major is more structured with three required courses and a limited set of electives.
- Economics major: recognizes the broad scope of economic subjects and therefore allows students maximum flexibility in structuring the major to fit their particular interests-four of the five required courses are electives.
- Recommendations for specializations in economics: Within the economics major, students could choose to concentrate their studies in one or two specialized areas such as consulting/financial markets, international economics, public economics and public policy, and graduate study economics.
Career Opportunities for Economics and Business Economics Majors
- General management positions
- Public policy careers
- Graduate or professional post-graduate studies
- Financial and Business analysts
- Entry-level consultants
- Pre-law preparation
Related Extracurricular Activities and Special Programs
- Economics Society
- Omicron Delta Epsilon: Economics Honorary Society
- Fed Challenge Team
- Research Opportunities and Honors Thesis